Immigration Offices, under the Department of Immigration have been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing a Visa on Arrival. ‘On Arrival’ visa procedure is very quick and simple. You can expect some queues during peak Tourist season. If you wish to skip those queues, you can also consider getting Visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed abroad prior to your arrival. Choice is yours.
If you have obtained a visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions, then you must enter Nepal within six months from the visa issued date. Your total stay is counted starting from the day you enter Nepal.
Visas obtained on Arrival at the Entry and Exit points are ‘Tourist Visas’. They bear multiple Re entry facilities. Tourist Visa ‘On Arrival’ is the only entry visa to Nepal. If you are visiting Nepal for purposes other than Tourism (sightseeing, tour, travel, mountaineering, trekking, visiting friends and families), you should still get ‘Tourist Visa’ to get into the country. However, you must change the category of visa as per your purpose and length of stay in Nepal from the Department of Immigration by producing required documents.
Nationals of following countries are requested to acquire a Visa prior to their arrival from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of Nepal Government.
- Refugees with travel document
Please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the airport (TIA) if you have not acquired a Visa prior to boarding the plane.
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in the Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting our official website Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get a submission Receipt with a barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring a visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at the visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee at Entry Points
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues a visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Visa Extension Fee
- Tourist visa extension is done for a minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years except US citizens
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizens (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request a concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with the Department of Immigration to get you a Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals for 150 days
- Thailand – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Russian Federation – Exemption up to 90 Days
- People’s Republic of China – Exemption up to 30 Days
- Federal Republic of Brazil – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Myanmar – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Vietnam – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Cambodia – Exemption up to 30 Days
- Mongolia – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Jordan – Exemption up to 90 Days
- State of Israel – Exemption up to 90 Days
- Georgia – Exemption up to 90 Days
- State of Qatar – Exemption up to 90 Days
do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
Visas of all kinds including ‘Gratis’ issued at the Airport are Tourist Visas. Contact the Department of Immigration for extending your visa or changing the category of your visa. Tourist Visa extension can be done from Immigration Office, Pokhara too. Non tourist visa extension can be done only at the Department of Immigration (if eligible) for a period of maximum one year (except business visa).
Fore More and Latest updates please visit official website of immigration of Nepal. (https://www.immigration.gov.np/)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!